Signing in to Mass – reintroduction of the Scheme
I am writing to let you know that I have decided that we must reintroduce the pre-booking for mass that we were using formerly. This is because we are (happily) seeing rising numbers of people attending Mass each week but the infection rate in the outside world is starting to climb too.
We need to keep our community safe and to do that we must control the numbers attending so that we can keep a safe distance from each other.
- The safe numbers of worshippers at Cranleigh is 28 individuals or a slightly larger number if we take households and couples.
- At Bramley it is about 23 with the same or similar proviso’s.
You can find the Mass Booking Form link on the front page of our Parish Website = www.cpcb.org.uk
Please note these important things:
- Facemasks are required in church unless you are exempt.
- we need to keep around 2 metres from each other at all times.
- please follow the one-way system at Cranleigh – entrance via the main doors exit via the Lady Chapel.
- Please sanitise your hands on entry and leaving the Church.
- Do not attend if you are showing symptoms such as raised temperature, a recent persistent cough, a sudden loss or change in your sense of smell.
- or if you are living with anyone who has symptoms.
- or if you are in quarantine after travel.
Please note that, until further notice the Sunday obligation for all catholics in England and Wales has been suspended by the Bishops. This means that none attendance on Sunday is not a sin and it also means that you can use any other other weekly celebrations to maintain a pattern of attendance to keep your spiritual life buoyant.
I do hope that you will understand how reluctantly I am proposing these steps and will help us all to stay safe and worship well.
With my best wishes.